Monday, November 17, 2008

Triathlon Training Officially Starts Tomorrow

Alright, so here I am. On the eve of starting my training for a triathlon. So unless you know me maybe I should give you some background story.
I'm 24. A little over a year ago I weight in at around 230 pounds. I'm 5'10" and that 230 was nothing but fat. I led a very unhealthy lifestyle which revolved around drinking and partying. I now weigh in around 170. I was unhappy with where I was in life and decided to do something about it. I stopped eating fast food and started eating completely healthy. I started riding a bicycle more often for short trips, sometimes even the 6 miles to work. And every now and again I got a true workout in. I dropped 60 pounds seemingly overnight, and already feel so much more confident and better about myself. Well thats where I stand now and here's what I'm up against.
A few nights ago I was reading Men's Fitness (which I've been subscribed to pretty much since I started getting in better shape) and the success story was about Arkady Hagopian. To summarize he had 40% body fat and 240 pounds. He dropped 80 pounds and competed in 3 triathlons, including an ironman in a little over 2 years. HARDCORE!!!
Article: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fULlII_3Dho/SMFqV9d7NoI/AAAAAAAAAfE/YxPy6dFJ2mA/s1600-h/WHOLE+PAGE.jpg
His Blog: http://ironcut.blogspot.com/
So anyways after reading the article I decided I'm going to get in the best shape of my life and compete in a triathlon by the end of 2009. When I started getting in shape I didn't really have a goal, just to get in better shape. Now I have a goal and like every other goal I set for myself I have set if very high. So here I am, on the eve of my first day of training and my life is ready to change. I already eat healthy so now its just a matter of eating healthier. Pretty much strictly lean beef, chicken and veggies now. very light seasoning, no butter, etc.
So anyways here goes nothing. Tomorrow, day 1. waking up. eating a southwest ommelette for breakfast. then going to jog the track and run some bleachers. I'll also get an official weigh in (I haven't been on a scale in 3 months so 170 is just a guess). Anyways look for an update tomorrow with the official weigh in and stuff. this blog is also going to be my fitness journal too so most updates will just be what I ate that day, and what workouts I did, etc. But I'll also be throwing some updates with my thoughts and stuff like that too so keep checking back often so you can follow my progress.
Thanks for reading this and I look forward to all the support and kind words, so please don't hesitate to email. And now I'm going to enjoy a krispy kreme for the last time for a very long time. :)

No comments: