Friday, January 30, 2009

Training - My theory and training practices right now

Wow. its been a while since I've posted on here!!
Training is going good. I have been doing a lot more bodyweight/calesthenics exercises lately.  
for example: I will jump rope for 2 minutes. then do 20 push ups. then 50 crunches. then 50 jumping jacks. followed by 5 clapping push-ups. With no breaks in between exercises. Then I'll rest and do it all over again.  I usually do 4 or 5 of these circuits followed by at least 12 miles of bike riding, or a jog and bike ride, etc.  I've been trying to weave working out into my life so that I do 2-3 smaller 20-30 minute workouts spaced throughout the day.  I usually do this 3-4 days or so a week and lift weights maybe 1-2 times a week.
This isn't because I don't have time to devote to a full workout but rather cause I think that it'll allow me to use working out as a tool (such as my transportation somewhere), which will make me work out more often.  Also I feel that it helps keep my metabolism up throughout the day.

No comments: